Welcome to the ALY Learning Center.
Enter a search keyword below to learn more about rendering an immersive, panoramic design anytime, anywhere, on any device with no app and no software.
Starting with ALY
Converting a Blender file with ALY
ALY Features Overview
What setups or processes do I need to do to render a file with ALY?
Before adding files, please review the following:
Blender files can be automatically rendered by the ALY platform.
Once your files are ready to render:
- Click ‘CREATE ACCOUNT’ or ‘LOG IN’ in the upper right corner of the homepage to get started.
- Once you are logged in, make sure that you have uploaded your design files to your existing Dropbox or Google Drive™ cloud storage.
- Click the ‘NEW PROJECT’ button in the upper right corner of the page and then enter the project details and select the ‘CREATE PROJECT’ button when done. Be sure to include a description to enable the ‘CREATE PROJECT’ button.
- Once you have created a new project in ALY, use the ‘NEW FILE’ button to link to your Connected Drive storage with ALY and to select your desired files.
- The file preview will begin and indicate that the project file is being downloaded. Once the file preview is complete and indicates the ‘up-to-date’ status, click the file name to proceed to the next step and to select additional rendering options.
- Press the toggle switches to turn the desired camera views on or off for your render. At least one camera must be enabled in order to start the rendering process.
- If you would like to include different design options in your rendering, you will need to add the project option/material files to this project. To do so, select ‘Files’ from the left-hand menu and follow steps 4 and 5 before proceeding to step 8.
- Now click the ‘ADD MODIFIER’ button to select the materials that you would like to show as options. You will need to select the material to replace as well as select the replacement file and replacement materials. If you want to have multiple design options in your render, you will click the ‘ADD’ button to outline those additional materials. Once your design selections are complete, simply use the ‘X’ button in the upper right corner of the box to have it load the option/material selections you made.
- You are now ready to click the box in the upper right corner of the page that says ‘START RENDER.’ If you click this button in error or if you decide to make an additional change to the files before rendering, you can click the ‘ABORT RENDER’ button to stop at any time. You will only be charged for any time spent in the actual rendering process.
- Once your rendering is under way, feel free to start working on your next project. The ALY system will have your rendering complete and ready to share in no time.
How much is the ALY subscription fee?
The ALY subscription fee is $17.99 per month. Then, the cost to render a CAD file will depend on the resolution you want for a project as well as the size and complexity of the file and render options you select. For guidance on the cost for various renders, you can view the chart on our pricing page.
How do I start a new project?
You can start a new project by logging into ALYvr.com. When you select ‘Log In’ from the top navigation bar, it will take you to the ALY rendering platform after entering your email and password. If you are new to ALY, you can select ‘Register’ at the bottom of this page to sign up. Once in the ALY rendering portal, you will select the ‘NEW PROJECT’ button in the upper right corner, which will take you to the input screens for starting your project.
How do I view all the cameras for a project on the ALY platform ‘Home’ page?
Click the blue gear in the bottom right of a project view page. You will then be able to see the available rendered camera views and select the one you would like to view.
When I’m on the ALY platform ‘Home’ page, can I change the default camera view?
From the ‘Home’ page, you will need to click on ‘My Projects’ in the left-hand navigation menu. Now select the project for which you would like to change the default camera view. This opens the project view page. To change the camera view that is being displayed for this project, click on the blue gear in the bottom right-hand corner of this project view page. Click on the ‘SETTINGS’ icon. Once the project settings are open, click on ‘Cameras’ in the left-hand navigation menu. Each of the cameras you have rendered will be shown. You can toggle each camera view to be on or off. To select the default camera view for a project, please click and select the yellow star in the bottom left corner beneath the desired default camera view.
How can I have my project(s) appear on the ALY platform ‘Home’ page?
If you would like your project(s) to appear on the ALY platform ‘Home’ page, you will need to change the project setting to ‘Public.’ First, click the blue gear in the bottom right of the project page. Next, select the ‘SETTINGS’ icon. Now on the ‘Settings’ page, you need to select ‘Details’ in the left-hand navigation menu. There, you will need to select ‘Public’ and then the ‘Update’ button to have your project visible on the ALY platform ‘Home’ page.
Can I create a collaboration link and share a project that is on the ALY platform ‘Home’ page?
Yes. Any project that you have access to can be shared. Simply click the blue gear in the bottom right of the project page. Then, click the ‘Share’ icon. You will need to select “Create a New Session’. This will create a new, unique URL that you can copy and paste. From there, you can send the link to any device by email or text for others to collaborate and share changes to the project in real time.
Can I save projects on the ‘Home’ page to playlists that I create?
Yes. When on the project page that you would like to add to a playlist, you’ll need to click the blue gear in the bottom right of the page. Then, click on ‘Save.’ This will allow you to add the project to an existing playlist or to create a new playlist.
Can I create playlists of my projects so that I can manage different types of projects?
Yes. You can create playlists to organize your projects. First, click the blue gear in the bottom right of the project page. Select ‘Save.’ You can either add the project to a playlist or create a new playlist.
How many 2K renderings can I do in a month?
We currently offer free unlimited 2K renders.
Can a project be viewed in 360 panoramas?
Yes. The ALY platform is perfect for showcasing a project’s 3D panorama in 360 degrees with full horizontal and vertical fields of view.
How do I change the camera view that is being displayed?
To change the camera view that is being displayed for a project, click on the blue gear in the bottom right-hand corner of the project view page. Click on the ‘SETTINGS’ icon. Once the project settings are open, click on ‘Cameras’ in the left-hand navigation menu. Each of the cameras you have rendered will be shown. You can toggle each camera view to be on or off. To select the default camera view for a project, please click and select the yellow star in the bottom left corner beneath the desired default camera view.
If I delete a project, is there a process to retrieve the file?
Unfortunately, there is not a process to retrieve a file once it has been deleted. You would need to re-render it as a new project to return it to the ALY platform.
When I share a project collaboration link, will everyone see the changes I make when presenting the project?
Yes. The changes you make to a project will be seen in real time by all collaborators currently viewing your presentation.
How many people can I collaborate with when I provide them an ALY link for my project?
You can collaborate with as many participants as you need by just sharing the unique session URL that ALY creates for you.
How can I share my project?
Once you’ve created a project, you can share it and easily collaborate with others. First, select the project you want to share. Click the blue gear in the bottom right corner. Select the ‘Share’ icon and then click on ‘Create A New Session.’ You’ll see that a unique URL has been created. Select the URL in your browser address window and copy and paste the URL to an email or text message to start sharing and collaborating.
Can I use ALY to render any CAD file software?
Currently, ALY can render Blender files. Stay tuned for other CAD software that ALY will render as we add them to the platform.
How long will it take for ALY to render a CAD file?
The time it takes to render a CAD file will be a function of the size and complexity of the file. Small, simple files can take 1-2 minutes to render while larger, more complex files can take 30 minutes or more.
What is the cost to render a CAD file with ALY?
The cost to render a CAD file will depend on the resolution you want for the project as well as the size and complexity of the file and render options you select. For guidance on the cost for various renders, you can view the chart on our pricing page. However, you will not be assessed a fee for any 2K or smaller rendering that you do.