What setups or processes do I need to do to render a file with ALY?
Before adding files, please review the following:
Blender files can be automatically rendered by the ALY platform.
Once your files are ready to render:
- Click ‘CREATE ACCOUNT’ or ‘LOG IN’ in the upper right corner of the homepage to get started.
- Once you are logged in, make sure that you have uploaded your design files to your existing Dropbox or Google Drive™ cloud storage.
- Click the ‘NEW PROJECT’ button in the upper right corner of the page and then enter the project details and select the ‘CREATE PROJECT’ button when done. Be sure to include a description to enable the ‘CREATE PROJECT’ button.
- Once you have created a new project in ALY, use the ‘NEW FILE’ button to link to your Connected Drive storage with ALY and to select your desired files.
- The file preview will begin and indicate that the project file is being downloaded. Once the file preview is complete and indicates the ‘up-to-date’ status, click the file name to proceed to the next step and to select additional rendering options.
- Press the toggle switches to turn the desired camera views on or off for your render. At least one camera must be enabled in order to start the rendering process.
- If you would like to include different design options in your rendering, you will need to add the project option/material files to this project. To do so, select ‘Files’ from the left-hand menu and follow steps 4 and 5 before proceeding to step 8.
- Now click the ‘ADD MODIFIER’ button to select the materials that you would like to show as options. You will need to select the material to replace as well as select the replacement file and replacement materials. If you want to have multiple design options in your render, you will click the ‘ADD’ button to outline those additional materials. Once your design selections are complete, simply use the ‘X’ button in the upper right corner of the box to have it load the option/material selections you made.
- You are now ready to click the box in the upper right corner of the page that says ‘START RENDER.’ If you click this button in error or if you decide to make an additional change to the files before rendering, you can click the ‘ABORT RENDER’ button to stop at any time. You will only be charged for any time spent in the actual rendering process.
- Once your rendering is under way, feel free to start working on your next project. The ALY system will have your rendering complete and ready to share in no time.